Monday, June 28, 2010

It's Ruby Tuesday!


A blast from the past.

We're under a severe thunderstorm watch right now - it's hot, humid, the breeze is picking up.  It is the PERFECT day for some lime mango sorbet!


Lime Mango Sorbet

Ingredients:

1 cup sugar
1 cup water
Zest of 1 lime (or more to taste)

3 ripe mangoes, about 2 1/2 lbs.
1/2 cup lime juice
Pinch of salt
3 Tbs. tequila

Method:

Heat sugar, water and lime zest in a small saucepan until sugar is dissolved. Let cool.

Cut flesh from that weird mango pit; peel, dice and put into food processor with lime juice and the pinch of salt. Process until the mango is a smooth pulp. Pour mango puree into mixing bowl and add the sugar water; use one of those immersion stick blenders* to combine them. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator until completely cold.

Mix in the tequila and pour into ice cream maker, processing according to manufacturer's instructions. Freeze in container - makes about a quart and a half.

Link
NOTE:  The first time I tried this recipe, I put everything into the food processor and the mixture leaked all over the counter - messy, messy, messy. I decided there had to be a better way and using the immersion stick blender was it for me.

**I remembered! Found at Elise's place.


Happy Ruby Tuesday!!  For more offerings of RT, click here.

11 comments:

Tammie Lee said...

this recipe sounds incredible! thank you for sharing. wishing you a storm that feels good, not too intense. we are told we may have them this week with big winds.... time will tell.

Kim, USA said...

Hmmm that is really good!!


Fiesta Hollyhock

Rambling Woods said...

Thunderstorms here too...This looks really good especially in this humid weather..thank you for visiting me.. Michelle

Chubskulit Rose said...

I am drooling looking at your photos lol. I love mangoes.

Ruby Tuesday

LifeRamblings said...

that looks delightful. have a wonderful week ahead.

rebecca said...

BRAVO!!!
delicioso!!!!

(as sweet as you!)

Kimbra Kasch said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh how I love ice cream :)

EG CameraGirl said...

Oh it sounds very good to me!

Wendy said...

It's 90 degrees in Philly - that mango sorbet sure sounds good!!!!

Linnea said...

I'm a lousy cook, but looking at this delectable shot of these mangos is enough to satisfy me for now! Beautiful colors! Thanks for stopping by at my C&H shot. I took it from the boat in the Carquinez Straights.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Oh that sounds very good.