Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter, Happy Spring!!


My very Catholic Auntie Anne always sent me an Easter card which stated Happy Easter, Happy Spring; she never sent me a religious card.  She always included the secular world in her beliefs, something I appreciated.  And all of her devotions were to Mary, leading me to believe that she had a secret broom closet in her home that she showed no one!

She's been gone 5 years this May and, every holiday, I still expect to find a card in the mail from her....

Happy Easter, Happy Spring, everyone!  Enjoy the day, don't eat too many of those peeps and chocolate bunnies!!

Image from Photobucket.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice memory to have. I think Catholics are the only Christians who acknowledge and pray to a female diety.

Cyn said...

Lovely! Happy Easter, Happy Spring to you.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Happy Easter! What a nice way to remember your Aunt.