Thursday, April 15, 2010

In the dream...



IN THE DREAM…

I was in the hospital
something to do
with my heart,
probably broken again,
it happens a lot...

That’s when you came in,
but you weren’t you,
you were something else,
a rabbit,
not a huge one,
but a big one,
maybe three feet long.

You had this white fur,
with caramel colored patches,
lovely.
The inside of your ears
were very pink,
soft,
your nose too.

You cuddled beside me,
under my arm,
your whiskers tickled,
I could feel your
tongue
tasting
me.

The doctor came in
said it was time
for you to leave.
You smiled.
I didn’t know
rabbits could smile,
but you smiled...

It was a nice dream,
I’m glad
you were in it...

~William S. Gainer~


Poem found over at Medusa's place where you can read some fabulous word crafting.

Image from Photobucket.

2 comments:

rebecca said...

dear one,
thank you for your bright support and love in my life.
i am grateful beyond words for you.
xoxoxox,
rebecca

Delphyne said...

Thank you, Rebecca...xoxo