Thursday, May 6, 2010

Kitka - A Women's Vocal Group

Sagewoman posted a link to an exhibit in NY on their FaceBook site and the link featured the music by the group, Kitka.  I actually have one of their CDs and haven't listened to it in years, since I left California.

The group, from the Bay Area, sings the songs of Eastern Europe, which I find hauntingly beautiful at times.  I found one of their YouTubes which, I think, is a nice introduction to the women and their music.  I hope you enjoy it!  If you do, the link to their website and a few more YouTubes that you can watch.  You can also find them on FaceBook.


2 comments:

Shelly said...

Beautiful. I am always so impressed with acapella and the richness of the harmonies!

Delphyne said...

And the sound is also haunting and familiar. xoxo