Thursday, May 20, 2010

To the Gulf with Love

The Gulf tragedy has me so upset - tearful at times, furious at others - and it is always painful.  

I'm embedding this video about Havasu Canyon in Arizona.  It is a beautiful place and the water is clear and clean.  I offer it as a prayer for the Water and Her creatures in the Gulf and the shores that She touches.  May the purity of these waters help in cleansing those of the Gulf - may my tears help cleanse the water of the Gulf - and may my fury burn whatever is toxic in the Gulf to help cleanse the water.  

May it be so!  Ashe!

4 comments:

Tammie Lee said...

yes it is a far reaching sad event!

Delphyne said...

Thanks, Tammie - it is just horrific and the news keeps getting worse. I do what I can and remember the restorative nature of Earth herself....this is a wake up all for humans, particularly here in the US. I hope that the outrage and despair push past the corporations who are the major polluters who care nothing for Earth - only their profits.

awitchtrying said...

Thanks for this post. I'm having a hard time with this too. In other countries, there are more rigid standards in off-shore drilling. I've been wondering since this happened why there isn't some type of valve where the flow could be stopped. I learned that in other places, they install valves right at the base of the well and then all the way up. It's one of the saddest things about our culture that we can't even take the time or spend the money to prevent such a tragedy because those companies are in too much of a hurry to make money. We all remember Alaska. How can it be that we didn't learn from that? Our Mother hears our prayers and feels our tears and She is heartened that we feel this outrage on her behalf. Maybe there needs to be a movement to push the awful oil companies into being more responsible? I'm sure they can afford to be more careful.

Delphyne said...

awitchtrying - I'm sure that a well thought out plan could and would have prevented this catastrophe, but I really don't think that the corporations care. I don't know if that will change soon, but change it will - eventually, all things are subject to change, even corporations. xoxo