Monday, August 10, 2009

A bouquet of stinking roses

I bought some fresh garlic the other day
and made myself a pretty bouquet...

Ah, garlic.

I love garlic. I mean, I really LOVE garlic. I'm not sure I would know how to cook without it - so many of my recipes include it. And, of course, when trying someone else's recipe, I usually double the amount of garlic that is suggested.

Here's another good mango recipe that includes garlic.

Mango Salsa

Ingredients:

1 10 oz. mango, peeled and diced
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1 Tbs. fresh lime juice
1 tsp. grated lime zest
2 tsp. jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
1 garlic clove (or more), minced
Salt to taste

Method:

Add each ingredient to bowl, mix thoroughly, cover and refrigerate at least an hour to allow flavors to get to know each other. This is really good with salmon or scallops.

In fact, we're having this with salmon tonight.

No comments: