Monday, August 10, 2009

Morning glory

Well, the cicadas are announcing another hot and humid day here in New Jersey. Although I am grateful for air conditioning, I do prefer the fresh air coming through the open windows. I hear the next few days will be very humid; perhaps we'll have a few of those spectacular afternoon thunderstorms. That's something that we never had in California - the rains in the Bay Area arrived in late Autumn and hung around until early Spring. And we rarely experienced thunderstorms at any time of the year.

I took this picture a couple of days ago. I like the lighting at the center of the flower - do you think if we were able to follow the light, we would find ourselves in a tunnel which would lead us to where the faeries live?

2 comments:

Shelly said...

I am loving the T-storms here again too, although we haven't had much this summer. My kids get a little freaked out but when I tell them to gather up the flashlights and candles, it becomes adventurous!

In answer to your question: YES.

Delphyne said...

Those storms are not for the faint of heart! Glad the kids have your sense of adventure!