Tuesday, August 25, 2009

What's for dinner?

Baby robins nesting in the Weigela bush.

I think I'll try this recipe and use chicken breasts instead. Bourbon is another one of those bottles of alcohol that I have and don't know what to do with! I bought it to make a sweet potato pie - Jeff Smith's recipe calls for 1/4 cup of the stuff. Delicious recipe - I'll dig it out and post it close to Thanksgiving.

I will have to figure out something for the breadcrumbs and flour, though. I've been gluten free for about a month to see if this dermatitis, rashy thing I have clears up; I actually do see improvement already.

Head on over to Elise's place for cooking directions and check out some of her other delicious offerings!


Porkchops with Mushroom Bourbon Cream Sauce

Ingredients

* 2 Tbsp olive oil
* 1 pound sliced button or cremini mushrooms
* 1/4 cup chopped onions
* 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
* 1/2 cup dry white wine (e.g. Sauvignon Blanc)
* 1 cup chicken stock
* 1/2 cup heavy cream
* 1/4 cup bourbon whisky
* Salt and pepper

* 1 large egg
* 2 Tbsp water
* 4 6-7 oz center-cut pork chops
* All purpose flour
* 2 cups fresh bread crumbs
* 3 Tbsp olive oil or grapeseed oil
* 2 Tbsp minced fresh basil

No comments: