Saturday, August 22, 2009

Saturday altered book blogging

My friend, Croneletta (a sort of 7 year old Crone-in-training), gifted me with a few very clever, wonderful and hilarious altered books that she made. I've decided to put some of the pages online just because. I have to figure out a better way to photograph them, though - I don't want to scan them for fear of breaking the spines of the books.

The themes in all of them are varied, depending on where she and I were in our lives. Here are themes of The Wizard of Oz, one of my all time favorite movies. When I went to see the original cast version of Wicked, my Oz experience was complete!

Happily, Croneletta had the opportunity to see the play not once, but twice in California! I would see it again, too!


Click on each of the pictures to enlarge them.

Actually, Croneletta created her book in 2005, not 1995 - both of us are 10 years behind the times in so many ways and truly haven't arrived in the 21st century yet. Time travel, as you know, like teleporting, can be quite tricky.


No comments: