Friday, October 30, 2009

For an unnamed 15 year old girl



I'm giving a trigger warning now.

Several days ago, I read a very horrific news article and I just can't shake it.  You can read about it over at Violet's place - she has several follow up posts about it. 

There are donations and cards being accepted by Richmond High School in Richmond, California at the address shown below, if anyone feels inclined to help this 15 year old girl and her family.

Richmond High School is accepting cards and donations for the victim and her family. They can be mailed to the school at 1250 23rd St., Richmond, CA 94804-1011. Make checks out to the Richmond High Student Fund.

UPDATE, 2 November - the funds can be sent here rather than what is listed above:

Donations for the Richmond High School rape victim may be sent to: Richmond High Jane Doe, account No. 041-30-1188, Mechanics Bank, 3170 Hilltop Mall Road, Richmond, CA 94806.
 

May this child be surrounded by Love and healing....

4 comments:

Jasmine said...

That is horrific. To do nothing is as bad as joining in. What will the money be used for, Legal help in prosecuting the attackers?

I really dismay at our so called civilized societies.

Delphyne said...

Honestly, I don't know how the donations will be used. I hope that her family has medical insurance to cover most of the expenses. But, even if they have that insurance, cost of medical care is prohibitive in the States because of the greed of insurance companies, hospitals and providers of services.

I would think that any monetary donations will be used to defray any medical and psychological expenses. I hope her family gets a top notch attorney to prosecute those perverted thugs. And, finally, I hope that the Richmond police prosecute this as a hate crime because that is exactly what it was.

I try to keep politics and things like this off my blog, but periodically, I just have to say something about an event that completely horrifies and sickens me.

You're right - "so called" is how "civilized societies" should be prefaced.

Ruth said...

My friend keeps telling me Life is S**T. I keep telling him sometimes it isn't.

Well, sometimes it is.

Delphyne said...

Ruth, Life is wonderful, it's people who don't love life that can cause so much dismay and grief. There is so much Beauty on this Earth - when people fail or refuse to see it, it makes them crazy, perverted and cruel. Personally, I don't think there is much help for them.

This was too horrific for me to deal with for several days - the shock blasted me away from my usual place of looking for and seeing Beauty every where. I'm better now, but it saddens me to think of the cruelty of so many people. Such a waste of Life.