Sunday, October 4, 2009

Pears - paintings by Nancy Hartley

No, that's not Nancy's painting - you'll have to click on the links below to see them.

I think I've mentioned that my friend, Nancy, is a gifted artist. A few days ago, she posted one of her paintings of pears. Of her "edge" series of pears, this one was my favorite. I asked her if she ever painted Red Bartlett pears and she responded by posting a painting of one today.

O M G - it is so beautiful! The colors actually glow. This "edge" painting is now my favorite.

Red definitely becomes you, Nancy! I may have to buy these two works of art as a birthday present to myself ~ if they go up for sale!

2 comments:

Nancy B. Hartley said...

Kathy, Thanks so much for including me in your blog! Also, thank you for the nice words! Your fall photos are gorgeous, especailly the red pear! Those red pears are so jewel like, just beautiufl!

Delphyne said...

I was so excited to see your 3 red picture, I just had to say something about it. It really is gorgeous!

I can't take credit for the pear picture, though - I didn't have any in the house and just grabbed that one off the internet - one of those downloadable photobucket sites. I should have linked to it - and will correct it.