Friday, October 9, 2009

The Horse Boy - part 2

Siberian Shaman image is from here.

So, I finished The Horse Boy yesterday. I simply sat down and read it until I was finished. Nothing got done around the house, poor Kylie was bored beyond belief, I was hardly online, but I was sure happy to just read.

I liked the book a lot. The trip the family went on was incredible. The descriptions of Rowan's autism were heartbreaking - I cannot image a child going through this, not to mention the parents' grief at watching their child suffer through the bouts of tantrums or disappearing inside themselves. The after effects of the Shamanic healings were quite remarkable and I hope that they continue for both Rowan and his parents.

All in all, I would recommend this book for anyone interested in autism, Shamanic healing and the bond between some autistic children and animals.

4 comments:

Jasmine said...

I will have to read this book. A friends son was recently diagnosed as asperges.

I noticed your side bar notice about leaving comments. I have had exactly the same problem. I'm not sure why but on my grandparents computer I do not have this problem but now that I returned home I have the problem still. Maybe its a laptop thing?

I also thought it may be AVG messing with google as I could not ign into any google account for around 10 days...

Delphyne said...

I don't think it's the laptop - there is something about the embedding thing that prevents me from posting on blogs that have that set up. If the comments are full page or separate window, I'm good to go - but forget the other set up. The comments just simply disappear as if eaten by the demon of the internet!

One of my sisters said she was having some problems with google last week. I don't know what AVG is.

The best to your friend and her son. I don't know much about Aspergers. Definitely do read the book - I think you will like it.

Have a great weekend!

Shelly said...

I picked up the book this morning at the library and started reading it ... wished I didn't have to go to work so that I could stay reading instead! It seems like it will be a wonderful, informative read. I have wondered about shamanism and my own health issues and wondered how I could find a true one locally ...

Delphyne said...

Finding a true one is the real task - let me know how you like the book, Shelly.