Thursday, October 22, 2009

What a beautiful afternoon!


I was going to put some color on my hair today, but it was so gorgeous that I decided to go outside and see what I could photograph. You can see from the thermometer above how warm it was. I was out for about an hour when I heard the scream of a hawk. I took some photos and wished I had a digital camera with a good zoom lens.

I'm always surprised when I take the photos off my camera - I never think I've taken so many shots! Today, the count was 125!! You'll be seeing more of them in the next few days...

I cropped both of these so that you can see, at least, the outline of the beautiful bird. Now that the leaves are falling, we'll be seeing more of the hawks - it's much easier for them to hunt when the trees are bare! Click on any of the images to enlarge them.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Lucky you; our temp here was a little more than half what yours was today! With a lot of rain!

You mentioned mojo in a reply to one of my past posts ... I think that's a "maybe" ... what is a "definite" is that if you are taking 125 pictures a day, you are bound to get some incredible ones! :) I'm so glad you post them; they brighten my day and seriously help me keep the attitude that the world is a beautiful place!

I have a gorgeous red bush outside the garage right now; I don't know what it is but I simply adore it. SO lovely! Makes my day every day. :)

Delphyne said...

Thanks, Shelly - I think we're in for that storm tomorrow.

I wonder what the red bush is...we have one out here whose leave turn a brilliant scarlet. Gorgeous. I'll have to find out what the name of it is.

The world is a beautiful place - it's people who can affect our attitude about it. It's hard work not to let them.

xoxo